- Information Collected. UDC collects two types of information about Website users: Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information (collectively “Your Information”).
“Personally Identifiable Information” or “PII” is information that identifies you personally as an individual. UDC only collects Personally Identifiable Information from you through the Website. The information UDC collects and stores will depend on your activity but may include, without limitation, your first and last name, age, birthday, shipping and billing address(es), e-mail address, phone number, credit card information, username, security question and answer, and password. Any credit card information that you provide will only be used as is necessary to process purchases, shipping, insurance, and other required fees and costs. UDC and its third party payment processor do not use credit card information for any other purposes, and UDC does not store any credit card information. To use the Website, you are required to provide Personally Identifiable Information.
“Non-Personally Identifiable Information” is information that cannot be used to personally identify you. The Non-Personally Identifiable Information UDC may collect includes the time and date of access, device information, location information, anonymous usage data while you are using the Website, preferences you submit and preferences that are generated based on the data you submit and/or number of clicks, referring/exit pages, a website’s Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) that you just came from or the URL you go to next, and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
“Cookies” are pieces of information that a website transfers to a visitor's computer for record-keeping purposes. A cookie may tell UDC whether you visited the Website before and what pages on the Website you viewed. The cookies UDC uses do not collect any Personally Identifiable Information about you, provide UDC with any way to contact you, or extract any information from your computer; they are set to expire after thirty minutes of inactivity. Although most web browsers are set to accept cookies automatically, you can usually change your browser to notify you whenever a website attempts to transfer a cookie to your hard drive or to reject cookies automatically. Consult your browser's help screen file for more information.
The information collected by UDC is also used by UDC to send you purchases, orders, newsletters, information about UDC and other programs, products, and promotional material. Your personal data is also used to get in touch with you when necessary. As set forth in Sections 7 and 8, you may opt out of future contacts and manage your personal data.
- How UDC Uses and Shares Personally Identifiable Information.
Personally Identifiable Information: UDC will use your Personally Identifiable Information to provide you with access to the Website, enhance the operation of the Website, notify you regarding the Website, respond to questions and issues, provide technical support, send you promotional materials, solicit feedback from users, and let you know about upcoming changes or improvements to the Website. UDC does not sell, trade, or rent your Personally Identifiable Information to others. UDC provides some services through contractual arrangements with third-party service providers. UDC will share your Personally Identifiable Information as necessary for the third party to provide their services. These providers do not retain, share, store, or use Personally Identifiable Information for any secondary purposes beyond the scope of this Website.
Please be aware that, to the extent permitted by law, UDC may access and disclose your Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information if UDC (a) is required to do so by law or court order or (b) has a good faith belief that such access or disclosure is reasonably necessary to (i) comply with applicable laws, regulations, or legal process; (ii) respond to claims that your use of the Website has violated rights of third parties; (iii) respond to your requests for customer service; and (iv) troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems. UDC may transfer the information collected through the Website if UDC is acquired by, sold to, or merged with another entity. UDC may also share Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable with subsidiaries and affiliated entities that provide services on UDC’s behalf.
- How UDC Stores and Protects Information. To protect your information, UDC follows generally accepted industry standards and maintains commercially reasonable safeguards to ensure the security, integrity, and privacy of the information you have provided. UDC has standard security measures in place, including a firewall-protected server and use of encryption, designed to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Unfortunately however, no system or data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure; human errors do occur, so there is always a possibility that there could be unauthorized access to your information. Although we strive to protect your information, you acknowledge that (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet that are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and UDC through this site cannot be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party. Canadian residents: Canadian residents should be aware that their PII will be stored on servers located in the United States.
- Promotional Emails (and CASL for Canada only). UDC may, from time to time, send you e-mails regarding UDC’s products, promotions, and programs. Additionally, if you indicated that you are interested in receiving offers or information from UDC and its affiliates, UDC may occasionally send you direct mail about products, promotions, and programs that UDC feels may be of interest to you. Canadian residents: those who access the Website in Canada must “opt in” to receive such e-mails by granting express consent prior to UDC sending commercial electronic messages.
- Opt-out. If you prefer not to receive direct communications from UDC regarding its products, promotions, and programs, you may opt-out by following the directions on the bottom of UDC’s e-mails to you.
- Review and Correction of Your Information. If for any reason you wish the Personally Identifiable Information you provided to UDC to be changed or deleted, please contact UDC by mail, email or phone at the addresses shown below.
The Upper Deck Company
2251 Rutherford Road
Carlsbad, California 92008